Thursday, April 5, 2012

This & That: 'The Hunger Games'


Quick Review: Last night I went to the local theatre and watched the new film 'The Hunger Games'. I had never read the books but from what I had heard I determined this was a film I had to see. Although this wasn't the best film I have seen I did really enjoy it. The film looked great and so did Jennifer Lawrence. She was incredible in the role of Katniss Everdeen, and I really liked her in last summers 'X-Men: First Class'. The action was great although it is a little disturbing to see kids killing kids, but it is not too graphic and there is a real sense of realism to this film. This film is a little bit of 'Running Man' and 'Lord Of The Flies'. I'm looking forward to the next 2 instalments of this franchise and I really hope that Katniss puts an arrow into the head of the character Donald Sutherland plays, I really did not like that guy. 

This film gets a 4.5 out of 5 rating by me. Go see this film!

Jennifer Lawrence as 'Katniss Everdeen'

No comments: