Thursday, March 1, 2012

Beer Goggles: March 2012

As part of my 'Random Nerdness' Blog I have included a monthly update I am calling 'Beer Goggles' where I will share a brief outline on what I am drinking, reading, viewing and listening to for the month.
 
Beer: My favourite beer is Kokanee and I recently bought a case of them, so I will be enjoying them soon. Kokanee is made in BC and is 'Glacier Fresh'. What ever they are doing works because this is the best beer made in Canada in my humble opinion. 


 
Comics & Books: I recently bought the 'Compendium' of the comic book series 'The Walking Dead'. I recently finished the first trade and I was blown away by what I read and saw. I loved it so much I went out and ordered the first Compendium of this comic series, and I will buy the second one when it is released. Robert Kirkman is perhaps one of the greatest comic book writers in history!

At this years Calgary Comic Expo writer Peter David will be there. Last summer I bought his book on how to write for comics, but I have not yet read it so I'm hoping to to read some of it so I can ask him some questions at the con. David wrote some of my favourite comic runs in comic history. 

Also I bought a special 'Batman Incorporated' comic titled 'Leviathan Strikes!'. Right now for me Batman is my favourite character to follow in comics and I am especially looking forward to reading this Grant Morrison story. 





Viewing: I am still watching season 2 of the North American version of 'Being Human'. Also be sure to check out 'The Walking Dead' TV series on AMC. This show is one of the best TV series on TV right now!!
I recently bought a 'Directors Cut' of the 2009 'Watchmen' movie, which I intend to watch. I really liked this film and feel it is one of the best comic book movies ever made. Also last summer I purchased the DC Animated Movie 'Green Lantern: Emerald Knights', which I have yet to watch but will watch soon. Look for a possible review on 'The Cola Dog' blog. 


 
Listening: Having a long drive to work every workday I tend to do a lot of listening. 'The Atomic Geeks', 'Nerd Lunch' and 'Classic Film Jerks' are all great podcasts I love to listen to. Some other great podcasts I listen to are: 'iFanboy', 'Comic Geek Speak' and 'I Sell Comics'. I've also downloaded some great audiobooks I hope to crack open this month: 'Bradbury 13', radio-like drama's about some of Ray Bradbury's classic sci-fi tales. Also 'World War Z: An Oral History Of The Zombie War'.
 
Well that is all for March's 'Beer Goggles'.
 
Cheers!


No comments: