Sunday, March 11, 2012

This & That: Edmonton Oil Kings

Saturday night my Step-Son and I got a chance to attend our first WHL 'Edmonton Oil Kings' game. Bailey, my step-son, plays in the local fun hockey league and as a special promotion all the kids in the fun hockey league got a free ticket to the March 10th game.


For a parent to go the ticket was just $15 bucks. Not a bad price considering that the Oil Kings play in the home of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, at Rexall Place.

The retired Edmonton Oilers numbers
The fun hockey league even arranged for us to ride a bus from Barrhead, to Rexall Place and back again. About a hour and a half ride. It was nice not having to drive but I forgot just how uncomfortable those bus seats really are. Also one of the kids on the bus had really bad gas, very very nasty. But over all it was a great experience and a fun night out for me and my son.



No comments: