Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beer Goggles: February 2012


As part of my 'Random Nerdness' Blog I have decided to include a monthly update I am calling 'Beer Goggles' where I will share a brief outline on what I am drinking, reading, viewing and listening to for the month.


Beer: I have been enjoying Molson Export, Big Rock Honey Brown and Alberta Genuine Draft again by Big Rock. Molson Export is a beer that seems to be popular in Eastern Canada, but we cannot always get it in the west, and it's been about 5 years since I have seen it here, so when I found it in the beer store I had to get it. It is the best Molson beer in my opinion. I really enjoy all the beer from Calgary's 'Big Rock' brewing company and their Honey Brown is one of their best premium beers. Alberta Genuine Draft is a cheaper beer, but it is an excellent draft and I love me the draft.


Comics & Books: 'Invincible' by Image Comics is my favourite comic book period. Robert Kirkman as created the best character in comics today and the art is amazing. 'Fantastic Four' is the best comic book from Marvel Comics in my opinion and Jonathan Hickman is an amazing writer. It is beautiful and intelligent. I also picked up the trade paperback 'Astro City: Life In The Big City' by Kurt Busiek. I never have read 'Astro City' but I have heard nothing but great things about this series and I am looking forward to reading this book and future trades. I am also reading 'Mercury' a novel by Sci-Fi writer Ben Bova. Bova is one of my favourite novelists and I have read his trilogy of 'Mars' novels and loved them, so I decided to collect his other 'planet' novels and read them. Mercury is my first planet book to read, then I have 5 more to read after that.




Viewing: I am currently watching season 2 of the North American version of 'Being Human', which is a great TV series about a vampire, werewolf and a ghost living together as roommate's. Sounds a bit weird but it really is a great series and I purchased the first season on Blue-Ray and I intend to re-watch this awesome series.


Listening: Having a long drive to work every workday I tend to do a lot of listening. 'The Atomic Geeks', 'Nerd Lunch' and 'Classic Film Jerks' are all great podcasts I love to listen to. Some other great podcasts I listen to are: 'iFanboy', 'Comic Geek Speak' and 'I Sell Comics'. I've also downloaded some great audiobooks I hope to crack open this month: 'Bradbury 13', radio-like drama's about some of Ray Bradbury's classic sci-fi tales. Also 'World War Z: An Oral History Of The Zombie War'.




Well that is all for February's 'Beer Goggles'.
Cheers!


No comments: