Tuesday, January 29, 2019

So that happened...

It was about 24 hours ago a Facebook “friend” of mine posted an article for which I commented on. Then I was insulted and ridiculed by this “friend” and his kind. So this is the gist of what went down. I will not be using specific names or references to protect the identity’s of those involved. 


So this “friend” of mine is a D-list celebrity on the pop culture convention scene and someone I had as a guest on my podcast a few years ago. He posted an article on Facebook about another celebrity (a C-list celebrity on the pop culture convention circuit) who is now being accused of being inappropriate with underage female fans and for making homophobic remarks. This D-lister has been called out for misappropriation of crowd funded money by both the C-list celebrity and a major Hollywood studio, a studio that actually went so far as to take this D-lister to court and he was forced into a settlement. The following is a brief breakdown of what happened that I found online in regards to his legal issues: 





 

So to say this D-lister had a bone to pick with the C-lister is an understatement. He hates that guy with a passion and had publicly ridiculed him in the past. So when the news of these accusations came out he happily posted all about it on his social media outlets and even added his own spin on it. He stated that he and his associates had known about the accused’s supposed behaviour “for years”...

My response to his post against the C-list celebrity was this: 




So then I was blasted by a number of people both female and male. 




I responded by stating: 




Then I got accused by a lady of being in denial and a typical man who looks the other way when other men are accused of bad behaviour. My response was this: 




(The last line I was referring to myself as she was passing judgment on me, I was not referring to the accused. I’m not sure I was clear enough...)


I then was accused of ‘not getting it’ by this lady in which I responded: 




My “friend” in his initial post claimed that he and his associates ‘knew for years’ about the accused’s supposed behaviours to underaged fans. He then began to respond to my comments: 



Now to be clear I am in full support of any woman (or man) who has been a victim of crime to come forward and speak out against the person who victimized them. No matter the circumstances. That being said I also know people do make false accusations too. Sometimes the real victim can actually be the accused. That does sometimes happen. So I withhold judgment until the authorities get involved and the claims are investigated. To rush to judgment without any investigation is liken to a lynch mob mentality. A false accusation could destroy a persons life and reputation. 




Seriously if Mr D-List saw this other guy acting inappropriately towards young girls as he claims why did he not go to the authorities? 




I do understand why women do not come forward. I know there can be shame and embarrassment in admitting you were victimized. But again let me make clear: I fully support anyone who has been victimized to come forward and report the crime to the authorities. But until the proper authorities have conducted their investigation I will not pass judgment in a court of public opinion. There is a reason why the legal system operates under the code ‘innocent until proven guilty’ because sometimes those being accused are actually innocent. I don’t know if this C-lister is innocent or guilty but I will not pass judgment until due process has run its course. 

 Now back to the show: 


















Obviously at this point a struck a nerve. But seriously if you know someone is being victimized by someone else and you say and do NOTHING are you not guilty of letting it continue to happen? Even if you do go to the authorities and nothing happens at least you tried. And maybe you coming forward would help to encourage the victims to stand up and testify...


But I think the reason D-list didn’t come forward is because he’s talking out of his ass. He has a bone to pick with C-List guy and is jumping on this lynch mob bandwagon as a means of revenge. 


And we continue: 






And just a reminder that all this back and forth started from this simple comment (had I known it would have went down this road I would have kept my fingers off the keyboard...): 



Again I believe this whole fiasco was started because D-List guy wanted to smear C-Lists name over social media and he didn’t take kindly to someone not joining him on his quest of hatred. I truly hope if the accused is found guilty he is punished to the full extent of the law. If he is innocent I hope he is vindicated. 


But for someone to make claims they witnessed this behaviour in the accused ‘for years’ and he said and did NOTHING until someone else wrote an article, which he then attached his ‘claims’ to is complete and utter bullshit. He is nothing more than a bully and an opportunistic piece of work.


Suffice to say I am no longer Facebook “friends” with this guy and good riddance. 

No comments: