Thursday, August 30, 2018

My Podcasting Future....

After about 5 and a half years of podcasting last February I announced my retirement from the podcasting field. I handed over the creative control of 'Geek Fallout Productions' to Geek Fallout Co-Creator Richard Rehder.  But I soon felt I missed it and planned on re-launching a new podcast for this fall. But I am here today to announce that will not be happening after all.



Earlier in the summer my laptop I used for podcasting was stolen. It was found and returned to me but unfortunately all my files on it had been erased. I had been in the habit of backing up all my files but got lazy in the last year or so and as a result all my podcast work for the last year was lost forever. I had spent several hours editing new opening music, bumpers and other things for the new podcast I was going to launch...all gone now.

And to be honest I thought with a break that my heart would be more into making a return to the podcasting drivers seat but it has not. Instead I have been talking with Richard Rehder, whom is still driving the 'Geek Fallout' vehicle, about coming on the show from time to time as a guest on the podcast. Hopefully that will happen. At this point all I want is to be someone else's podcast guest for a change. In the meantime I intend to focus on getting back to writing. I am currently working on a first draft of a new book (not a sequel to my first book). I also want to get more involved in the local pop culture scene. I am a member of both the USS Bonaventure (Edmonton Speculative Fiction Society) and The USS King Edward (Calgary based chapter of STARFLEET International) and I hope to do more with these groups.

For those of you who have taken time over the years to listen to me podcast I want to thank you. I did have a lot of good times podcasting and made a lot of new friends. I especially would like to thank to following people:

- Calvin Heighton. He was my "Co-Podcaster in crime" for the last few years. He is truly a funny guy with a great insight into pop culture, especially comic books.

- Erik Johnson. He has been on many podcasts with me and is perhaps our most loyal listener.

- MissM. She brought a great female perspective to the shows we did together. I'll miss our She-Ra discussions.

- Richard Rehder & Jeff Brown. We Co-Created 'Geek Fallout' together and they helped me a lot with the technical side of podcasting.

- The Atomic Geeks Podcast. Thank you Digio, Christian, Downs and Bloom for being my inspiration to get into podcasting. You guys are legends in my book.

- The Nerd Lunch Podcast. Thank you CT, Jeeg and Pax for the years of podcast gold you have given and for allowing me to get my first taste of podcasting by being a 4th chair guest many years ago.

- The Random Nerdness Podcast. My first podcast and my creation. Spent many hours podcasting with my sister Brianna, friend Tyler Kluin and brother-in-law (and our Engineer) Sebastion.

- Crystal Lockhart. My wife was generous to give me the time to work on podcasting when I probably could have been doing something else more productive.

And the following people in no particular order: Chris Gaida, Jason Roberts, Derek Ash, Evan Hanson, George Pappy, Dan Thale, Joseph Harvey, Dave Kish.

I'm sorry for anyone I forgot to mention as I have podcasted with a lot of people over the years!

-

Talk to you later.

No comments: