Monday, June 18, 2012

Beer Goggles: June 2012






Better late then never...
As part of my 'Random Nerdness' Blog I have included a monthly update I am calling 'Beer Goggles' where I will share a brief outline on what I am drinking, reading, viewing and listening to for the month.
Beer: I am drinking some 'Old Milwaukee'. It's cheap and it's not half bad. I'm also drinking me some Warthog Ale and Honey Brown from Calgary's Big Rock Brewing Company. Also on the non-beer side of things I am not much of a smoker but I was recently given some authentic Costa Rican Cigars which I may be smoking while drinking some beer in my backyard.  


Comics & Books: I am almost a year behind in reading 'Catwoman' from DC Comics. I keep ordering it every month and the pile keeps on getting bigger so this month I intend to get caught up on the adventures of the sexy cat burglar with he goggles, also known as Selina Kyle. 

I bought the first 2 novels in Peter David's 'The Hidden Earth Chronicles' at the Calgary Expo, from Mr Peter David himself and I even had them autographed. I'm not a big fan of fantasy novels but given that this is written by Peter David it should be an enjoyable read. I'm was supposed to start Book 1 in May but didn't have a chance so I'll be reading it this month, or next... 





Viewing: I'm a little behind in my DC Animation viewing so this month I will be watching for the first time the 'Batman Year One', 'Wonder Woman' and 'Batman/Superman Public Enemies' DVD movies. I have also just bought the newest release 'Superman Versus The Elite', so I'll be watching that too. DC has done an excellent job with their movies that I have already seen so I'm sure to be pleased. I also bought the DVD of Season 1 Part 1 of the New 'Thundercats' series. I never actually watched the original series as a kid but I was told this series is very similar to the 2002 He-Man series, which I really enjoyed. So I'll be checking it out. 



Listening: Having a long drive to work every workday I tend to do a lot of listening. 'The Atomic Geeks', 'Nerd Lunch' and 'Classic Film Jerks' are all great podcasts I love to listen to. Some other great podcasts I listen to are: 'iFanboy', 'Comic Geek Speak', 'Smodcast', 'Starbase 66', 'Nerd Hurdles' and 'I Sell Comics'. I've also downloaded some great audiobooks I hope to crack open this month: 'Bradbury 13', radio-like drama's about some of Ray Bradbury's classic sci-fi tales. Also 'World War Z: An Oral History Of The Zombie War'. I also have William Shatner's and Leonard Nimoy's autobiographies to listen to. 
Well that is all for June's 'Beer Goggles'.
Cheers!


No comments: