Monday, February 4, 2019

What to expect from The Pop Culture Pub Podcast

As you may or may not know about me is that I am a Podcaster. I started podcasting back in the fall of 2012 when I started my ‘Random Nerdness Podcast’, which was a studio recorded podcast I did with my sister and friend as co-Podcasters and my brother in law as producer. I then joined and helped co-create the ‘Geek Fallout Podcast’ with Richard Rehder and Jeff Brown. I ultimately stopped RN after a couple years and ended up taking over GF as it’s Editor-in-Chief. 


But for personal reasons I wrapped up my time with GF February 2018 and decided to “retire” from podcasting. After a few months of sitting out I began to miss the conversations I had with my co-podcasters. I had planned on launching a new podcast called ‘Pop Culture Hindsight’ for fall 2018, but that fell through as my heart just wasn’t in it then. And in early January 2019 I stumbled upon some old podcasts I had recorded in 2016 and had a blast listening to them. You see when I started out I would listen to every episode I recorded, but as the years went on I stopped listening to every episode. So it was like listening to someone else talk when I gave those old episodes a listen. I then got the desire to return to podcasting. Thus ‘The Pop Culture Pub Podcast’ was created. 


I asked my old podcast friend Jason Roberts if he would join me as my ‘Co-Host’ and he agreed. We will be pre-recording topic based discussion episodes. We will be avoiding pop culture ‘news’ discussions. It is my hope listeners will look at our list of episodes and be able to pick any episode and have it not have dated material, which a news discussion podcast would do. 


We will not necessarily be a weekly podcast, we are looking to drop 2 or more episodes a month, and we will at times take breaks as both Jason and I are working fathers. We do this podcast for fun and for free. Aside from our collaborative episodes I will also be recording solo episodes where I will be tackling topics on my own. For example I recorded episodes titled ‘The State of Star Trek’ and ‘Social Media Backlash’, which will be released in the coming weeks. 


February 15th our podcast launches with ‘Avengers Infinity War/Endgame Discussion & Predictions’, a hour and a half episode with Jason and myself. 


Hope you give us a chance! 


-Chris





No comments: