Sunday, February 25, 2018

Chris's Soapbox

Chris's Soapbox 

'Black Panther' review & am I done with 'The Walking Dead'? 

I have been a Marvel comics fan for as long as I can remember. I have made the effort to watch every MCU film since starting with Iron Man (with the exception of 'The Incredible Hulk' because I knew it was going to suck). But in all honesty I knew very little about 'Black Panther' going into this film except for his occasional appearances in the comics I read and his awesome appearance in 'Captain America Civil War'. After having seen the film I can honestly say it is one of the best comic book movies I have ever watched. I could literally not think of anything that should have been done better with this film. Now its not to say some 'Black Panther' comic fans will find it perfect, perhaps my lack of knowledge allowed me to enjoy the film more? 

Regardless it was amazing. The cast was all great, the plot was good and I am looking forward to many more sequels to come. 

I give it a *****5 stars out of 5 rating. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Now on to 'The Walking Dead'. I think I'm getting tired with this show. I literally fell asleep watching the mid-season premiere tonight. I hate they killed off Carl. I really think they could have done some good things with that character in the future, especially considering he's still alive in the comic book and had an interesting storyline with an interesting love interest. My wife loves the show so I'll probably continue on...for now...

A preview of my next podcast project...probably going to launch summer time or fall

See you in the future! 
- CL


1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I had a bit of a freakout when I wasn't even mentioned in your post about the podcast. But then I saw it was written in 2014. Sounds like you really had something before you had to slum it with me.