Thursday, February 15, 2018

Back in Black


Well its been over 3 years since I posted on my blog. Been busy with podcasting, writing a book and life. Well I've recently began working on a couple new books and decided to step down from podcasting (for now), so I decided to go back to the whole blogging thing. I'll be posting new content from time to time, hope you decide to check it out in the future.

In the meantime this is my review of Star Wars: The Last Jedi I wrote a couple months ago. Enjoy!

- Chris



Spoiler Free Rant

What is wrong with you people? Alright I’m not necessarily talking to you who is reading this scribble; I am talking to all the haters out there who are demanding that Disney/LucasFilm pull this film from canon. I came out of this film quite happy with the results and only a few nitpicking things that I did not like. I enjoyed this film more than the previous episode 7. Episode 7 was basically a rehash of the plotlines of the original 1977 Star Wars film (Episode 4: A New Hope), which I didn’t like but I understood this was Director JJ Abrams way of re-introducing a new trilogy for a new era. So with this film they came up with an original story for the characters which drove the narrative forward. It may not have been what I was expecting exactly but that is a good thing. I enjoy going into a film and not being able to guess the plot/story prior to viewing. Was this the best Star Wars film? No it was not but it was not the worst either (Phantom Menace anyone?). The hate this film is getting confuses me. As a lifelong Star Wars fan I truly enjoyed this film.

Oh and the porgs were great! We need more cute/comedic characters in film!
 

I rate it a solid 4 out of 5.

No comments: