Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Message From Grandpa


(I originally wrote this almost 4 years ago. Found it and it brought back a lot of memories.)

Grandpa Leonard

Grandpa back in his baseball days. (Picture art by my cousin Brandy Sarapuk)

 
I do believe there is a Heaven and my Grandpa Leonard is the reason why. Some people say that God has talked to them, but he (or she) has never talked to me, at least that I am aware. But someone from Heaven made contact with me and that was my Grandpa Leonard.
 
My Grandpa Leonard passed away when I was 17 years old. He had a massive stroke and was laying hospitalized for 5 days before he passed away. The day he died we all said our goodbyes to him knowing that he was going to pass away, but I wasn't sure that Grandpa was able to hear me because he was basically in a coma at that point. Grandpa passed away and for months after that day not one day went by that I didn't think about him. I felt guilty not knowing if Grandpa heard me that day saying goodbye to him and that I loved him. It consumed me with guilt and regret and not one day passed when I didn't feel that.
 
One night while sleeping, in my dream Grandpa came to me. In my dream I walked into our living room and Grandpa was sitting on the chair watching a Boxing match on the TV, which he did almost every Tuesday the last few years of his life. I realized in my dream that I was asleep and Grandpa was gone. I sat down next to Grandpa as he sat there watching the TV. I knew I was sleeping but this dream was different, I knew this was my Grandpa in my dream and not a figment of my imagination. I looked at him and he looked at me and I said "Grandpa, I love you and I miss you so much!". He held my hand and said "I know Chris and I love you, now and forever". And that was when I awoke, and I cried. I cannot explain what I felt that day but I know without a doubt that that was my Grandpa. From Heaven he saw my pain and suffering following his death and he took away that pain and suffering. I know it was him and I know he came to me from a better place. I never truly believed in Heaven before that day but now I know there is more out there, thanks to my Grandpa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome son