Saturday, August 11, 2012

The new 'Dallas' Season 1 Review

The first season of the new 'Dallas' just wrapped up it's 10 episode arc. What are my thoughts: I loved it! This series was not a reboot but rather a continuation of the original series and TV movies. For a first season where they were establishing new characters and re-establishing old ones (JR, Bobby, Sue Ellen, Cliff Barnes) I think they did a great job. It's fun primetime soap goodness, which reminds me of being a kid watching the original series with my folks. The original actors were great and the new ones they brought in were great too. Can't wait for season 2, and hopefully it will run longer than 10 episodes!

It was great to see Mitch Pileggi do a guest appearence as a bad guy. Pileggi for me is best known as playing ADA Skinner on 'The X-Files' and as Darby on 'Sons Of Anarchy'. Also having Ken Kercheval return as 'Cliff Barnes' was an awesome touch and I hope he comes back in season 2.

If you ever watched 'Dallas' in the past and enjoyed it on any level you will like this new series!

No comments: