Friday, May 5, 2023

More Election Thoughts

Alberta Provincial Election:
I think people who are not directly affected by the UCP cuts have a hard time seeing how bad they are. Also another issue I have with them are the changes they implemented in employment legislation. I’ve literally lost money due to changes they have made that benefit employers at the expense of their employees. Employers are allowed to average a shift workers hours which allows them to pay more regular pay and less overtime pay. Also changes in stat pay have resulted in employers not having to pay out stat holiday money to shift workers like they had to before. 
Put simply I work the same hours (sometimes more) I worked in 2018 but get paid less. And these cuts were first rolled out in 2019 by the then newly elected UCP. 

If you are reading this and are an Alberta resident & voter PLEASE look into the UCP and the cuts they’ve made since 2019. 

Be an informed voter. 
#votethendp



No comments: