Monday, May 1, 2023

Election Thought

Just a thought…

With the Alberta provincial election announced it has me thinking of an idea from my high school days. I remember my buddy Clayton and I discussing that it should be policy in Canadian politics that the incumbent government (UCP in Alberta, Liberals on the Federal level) NOT be allowed to make any election promises. They should be voted on their past 4 years in office. After all if they wait till election time to make promises why did they wait in the first place? If you have the power to make changes while in office why wait until a next term? Only the non-governing party(s) should be allowed to make promises, since they currently do not have the power to deliver them. The incumbent should be running their election on their record, not what they would do but are currently not doing. 




No comments: