Monday, June 8, 2020

‘For All Mankind’ Review






I was a huge fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation and the 2004 Battlestar Galactica series, so when I learned that Ronald Moore was working on a series called ‘For All Mankind’ I figured I’d check it out. The series is an Apple Original which requires a $5.99/month subscription but I figured why not? So I subscribed and binged all 10 episodes.


Ronald Moore was a writer/producer for Star Trek TNG and DS9 as well as creator of the 2004 reimagined Battlestar Galactica. He’s a creator I’ve come to trust and respect; and I was not disappointed in his latest endeavour. 


‘For All Mankind’ tells the story of an alternate version of the space race where the USSR landed on the moon before the USA in 1969. From there history on the show diverges from our own and we follow the trials and tribulations of the NASA astronauts and their families. The show does start out a bit slow but as the season progresses it gets better and better. The acting is stellar and I was extremely happy to learn the show has been renewed for a second season. 


If you are interested in NASA and like a good period show you will like this. The drama is excellent and the special effects are top notch. 


Solid 4****stars out of 5.





No comments: