Sunday, December 1, 2019

Early New Years Resolutions

New Years Resolutions:

  • no sharing political, religious or social opinions on all Social Media platforms (except for my blog because that is mine and I control that)
  • Block/Unfriend anyone being negative to me on social media 

Recently I posted on Facebook my opinion on all the cuts the governing UCP is doing to Alberta, and I was blasted by some FB “friends” whom clearly are on the side of the UCP. I was called out as being a ‘keyboard warrior’ and ‘not knowing shit’. I’m sorry if my speaking out against a morally corrupt Jason Kenny offends you, but like you I have a right to my opinion. 

I didn’t agree with the NDP’s lack of fiscal restraint or their ramming of certain public policies without the consent or blessing of the voters, but at least they seemed to care about the little guy. The reasons the PC’s lost the election 2015 to the NDP was because after 40+ years in power they became detached from the realities of every day Alberta. They became a club of privileged elitists whom got rich and powerful from Alberta industries, but when those industries began to struggle they couldn’t do what needed to be done to salvage the best of a bad situation. They became a ‘good ol boys’ club that only looked after their own and the people of Alberta had enough and they got voted out. 

Now the NDP came in and their first mistake was to ram change down our throats like Bill 6 for the farmers and a carbon tax. Both changes are not without their merit however the NDP should have taken the time and consultation needed to make the changes they proposed seamless and easy for Albertans to get behind. The mistakes made by the NDP left a bad taste with Albertans and thus they lost to the combined right UCP party. Unfortunately (in my opinion) the UCP is lead by Jason Kenny, a former ‘good ol boy’ PC. Jason Kenny’s leadership race of the UCP party is still under investigation due to questionable actions possibly used to get him the leadership... corruption all around. 

Maybe I am a ‘keyboard warrior’ because I will speak out against corruption and bullshit I see, but I will make an effort not to get political, religious or anything like that on social media, except for on my blog. 



Ps: eat shit Shane (you know who you are)


No comments: