Friday, September 27, 2019

Speed Trap?

Rant of the day: I don’t get too many speeding tickets, my first was in 2009 and now my second one I got a month and a half ago while leaving Whitecourt following my pre-root canal appointment. It was in the zone leaving town east (back to Barrhead) when it changes from 70km to 100km. Apparently I was doing 86km just prior to the 100km sign (I still don’t know where that Cop was hiding but I know I definitely didn’t see a cop...speed trap...). Yes I know I was doing 86 in a technically 70km zone but that 100km sign was within spitting distance I’m sure...


Anyway my rant is paying my $140 fine. I go to the Registry office and I have to pay a $11 service fee to pay a $140 speeding ticket!!?? WTF? I’m told I can go to the Court house or pay online but I’d still be paying a $3 service fee. Like I said I’ve only ever had one other speeding ticket and that was ten years ago, but I don’t remember ever paying a “service fee”. Bad enough getting a questionable speeding ticket (speed trap in my opinion...)but having to pay an additional “service fee” is bull$hit in my opinion. 

That’s it for my rant. 

No comments: