Monday, September 16, 2013

Breaking Bad "Ozymandias": WTF!!! (Spoilers)

Well it’s been almost 17 hours since I watched last night’s episode of ‘Breaking Bad’ and I am still shell shocked. What an incredible hour of television, even if it made me both sad and mad. Bryan Cranston better win another Emmy this year, as well as Dean Norris ‘Hank’ and Aaron Paul ‘Jesse’. Going into last night’s episode I figured Gomez would die but I held out hope that Hank would make it, but at least he died a hero. 2 more episodes to go and I have a few predictions:

- Walt will have a change of heart and save Jesse from the Nazi’s.

- Jesse is going to kill Todd. Brutally would be preferable.

- Walt is going to poison Lydia.

- Walt is going to die, either in a ‘Scarface’ shoot-out or cancer. Or maybe Jesse will kill him and put him out of his misery.





"Ozymandias"



I met a traveller from an antique land

Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone

Stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand,

Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,

And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,

Tell that its sculptor well those passions read

Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,

The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:

And on the pedestal these words appear:

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay

Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare

The lone and level sands stretch far away.

"Ozymandias" is a poem written by Percy Shelley about the downfall of kings -- how all people in power will eventually lose that power.



No comments: