Thursday, April 25, 2019

Star Trek: Disaster, Part Duh




So once again I got myself in a debate with a ‘Disco’ apologist whom loved with season 2 finale, while at the same time telling me the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale will be disappointing. So he pointed out to me what Spock said: 



Where I replied that that is a total cop out by the writers and producers. They definitely were reading our comments and tried to do a course correction and completely ignore what their original intention was. And that intention was: Discovery IS a continuation of the original series timeline (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY,ENT). Original Disco Show runner Bryan Fuller and later Show Runner Alex Kurtzman said as much until now...




If you like STD all the more power to you, but please don’t for one minute put it in the same league as ‘Game of Thrones’, in terms of writing quality and production. There is simply no comparison. Disco cannot even compare to its own predecessors let alone compare to the best show on tv right now, and that in my humble opinion is GoT. 




No comments: