Saturday, March 9, 2019

What to believe?


Bohemian Rhapsody (film):

It was a great film and I truly did enjoy it but it has received a lot of criticism for its loose portrayal of events and the ‘Queen’ timeline. But it has received a lot of criticism lately for its portrayal of Freddie Mercury and other people. The film portrays Freddie as being a ‘bad guy’ for breaking up the band for money in pursuing a solo career and his friendship with the movies villain Paul Prenter. The truth is Freddie never did break up the band, truth is he wasn’t the first one to have a solo career (Roger Taylor and Brian May both had solo albums before Freddie). And now the family of the films villain Paul Prenter are speaking out in an article for the Daily Mail:

 
MJ:
So I recently watched the HBO documentary ‘Leaving Neverland’ (all 4 hours of it and the Oprah special) and it took a few days to process it all. I have been a fan of Michael Jackson music all my life. ‘Thriller’ is on my Top 5 favorite albums of all time, I loved the ‘Captain EO’ ride at Disneyland and I always love listening to the ‘Jackson 5’ stuff. But like everyone else I heard all the strange tales surrounding the ‘King of Pop’ including his sleep overs with children, in particular young boys, and all the allegations he faced.
After watching the documentary I am still just as confused. The men in the film are very believable and tell some very chilling stories about what they went through.  But since the documentary was released a number of other reliable sources have come forward to cast doubts on the recollections and credibility of the documentary’s victims. So again I have my doubts, I’m not saying I don’t believe them I just don’t know what to believe.
But the bottom line is there was definitely some weird stuff going on with MJ during the 80’s and 90’s in regards to time spent with these boys and others. Why a grown man would in his 30’s+ want to sleep in the same room/bed as young boys? To me that just seems too weird and casts a shadow over MJ’s credibility.

No comments: