Friday, July 5, 2013

Test Flight?

(Another Blog post written about 4 years ago. Takes place almost 12 years ago now...)

Test Flight?
 
We all know the tragedy of September 11th, 2001. I remember I was driving home from night shift at BRL and they were talking about an attack in New York by some unknown enemy. When I got home it was all over the news, I watched the two towers collapse on live TV. Even now it is still hard to believe that it happened. Over time details began to emerge about the hijackers and all the planning they put into this attack. But one story got me thinking that I might have been on a flight with at least 2 of the hijackers. Apparently for months leading up to 9/11 the Al-Qaeda operatives had been going on "test flights" flying from different destinations to different city's in the U.S. and Canada. Some of the test flights were believed to have been flights from Germany to Toronto.

Well in April 2001 I spent 2 weeks in Germany visiting my friend Kristin, who had been an exchange student who lived with my Mom in 99-2000. Anyway on my flight back from Germany (to Toronto) I remember these two middle eastern guys on my flight. I am not a racist person and usually do not take note of people who are different than me. But these two guys were arguing with the stewardess loudly, because they were at the last minute booked on the flight they were seated apart and they didn't want to be. Someone else seated beside one of them was willing to trade seats so this calmed them down. Then for most of the flight one of them kept walking around the plane, back and forth, while the other kept looking up from his seat, constantly looking around. I even caught the guy looking at me from time to time. They just didn't seem right to me but of course nothing happened on the flight, but over 4 months later something did happen that changed the world. After learning about these "test flights" I really believe I was on one of them.
 
 

No comments: