Monday, August 24, 2020

The Umbrella Academy: Season 2 Spoiler Free Review



First off I love watching superhero shows and I like weirdness in my comics, but I stopped watching season 2 of DC’s ‘Doom Patrol’ after a couple episodes; it was just too weird (and stupid) for my liking. But if you like just the right amount of weird in your superhero TV I just finished season 2 of the Netflix series ‘The Umbrella Academy’ and it was awesome; far superior to The Doom Patrol.


The first season of The Umbrella Academy was released in the early months of 2019 and I had to rewatch it in preparation of season 2, which was released late July 2020: over a year and a half between seasons. But the first time I watched it I did so alone so in my rewatch I did it with my wife, so I was interested in what she would think of it. She liked it and we recently binged season 2. 


The Umbrella Academy is based on a Dark Horse Comics series which I have actually never read. I’m glad I haven’t read the comics as watching the show I am not spoiled by comic revelations within the show. Season 2 of the show is actually just as good and interesting as the first season. Most shows suffer from a disappointing second season, this show is not one of them. Most of the cast returns and the story moves in a very interesting and at times unexpected ways. 


I give season 2 of ‘The Umbrella Academy’ a solid 4.75 out of 5 stars. I’m looking forward to seeing season 3



No comments: